CLARKSVILLE, Tennessee. – With the COVID-19 pandemic still having a widespread impact, Clarksville Parks & Recreation adapted the traditional three-day Riverfest celebration into nearly two weeks of in-person and virtual events.
Riverfest 2020 will come to a close on Saturday, Sept. 12 with a fireworks display from 9:00 - 9:15 p.m. near Kings Run Bark Park inside Liberty Park. The park gates will be closed until 6 p.m. on Sept. 12 in preparation for the event.
Limited parking inside of Liberty Park will be available. To maintain proper social distancing, patrons viewing the fireworks at Liberty Park must stay in their vehicle or immediately next to it. Cars will be parked in alternating spaces. There will be no pre-show activities prior to the fireworks. Visitors are also encouraged to find parking around the area outside of the park to view the show. The fireworks will be shot higher than normal, which will allow viewing further from the park. Citizens viewing the fireworks outside of Liberty Park are encouraged to practice social distancing by remaining at their vehicles.
While the park will be closed until 6 p.m., boats with trailers will be allowed access to the boat ramp parking area from 7:00 a.m. - 5 p.m. or until the parking area has been filled. No boats may exit the parking area after 8 p.m. or until the park is empty. Additionally, Zinc Plant Road and the Zinc Plant Bridge will be closed to traffic from 9 p.m. - 10 p.m. for the fireworks show. Guests should expect long delays on Riverside Drive and Highway 48-13 before and after the event.
Liberty Park Grill Customers
Liberty Park Grill will be operating from 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. on Sept. 12. Beginning at 6 p.m., guests can pay a fee of $20 to park at the restaurant. Each paying vehicle will receive a $20 voucher redeemable for food and drink at Liberty Park Grill. The voucher is valid from Sept. 12 - Sept. 20.
The following are prohibited:
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Fighting or foul language.
- Personal fireworks.
- Personal grills.
- Weapons, except as provided by TCA 39-17-13.
Other Riverfest activities remaining this week are:
- Movies in the Park presenting “Onward,” from Disney and Pixar, on Friday, Sept. 11
- The Clarksville Downtown Market will host Riverfest Day on Saturday, Sept. 12. complete with deals from market vendors and multiple food trucks.
- The Riverfest Juried Art Show will showcase selected artwork at the Wilma Rudolph Event Center from 5-7 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 10; 5-8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 11; and 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 12.
- The Riverfest Cardboard Boat Regatta will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 12. Teams will build cardboard boats and set sail on the Cumberland River.
- The Riverfest Virtual 5K will continue until September 12, 2020. $10 for 1 Mile and $20 for 5K.
More information about Riverfest 2020 can be found at ClarksvilleRiverfest.com.
About Clarksville Parks & Recreation
Clarksville Parks & Recreation provides a variety of indoor/outdoor programs, facilities, nature activities, and entertainment events for people living in Clarksville, Montgomery County, and Fort Campbell. These free or reasonably priced, year-round experiences help residents enhance their health, wellness, and social engagement -- resulting in a stronger, better community.