CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. -- CDE Lightband faced a significant storm on Saturday, Oct. 26 that caused the most distribution damage in its history. The storm caused more than 32,000 customers to be without power, more than 61 broken poles and more than 15 transformer replacements.
As crews geared up for long days and nights through rain and frigid temperatures, the Clarksville community came together as a pillar of encouragement. Outside utility companies came to CDE's aid in the restoration process.
With kind hearts, many businesses and numerous families offered their support. During the long and weary hours, families brought food, water and coffee for the linemen. Businesses donated food and snacks. Many opened their doors to serve the crews with meals and offered words of encouragement.
“As we faced this historic event, our community supported us and cheered us on through the restoration. Thank you to everyone who helped us during this entire process,” said Brian Taylor, general manager at CDE Lightband.
The leaders and staff at CDE Lightband extend heartfelt appreciation to all the families, out-of-town crews and businesses who assisted in restoring power to Clarksville.
Here's a shout-out and thank you to everyone who contributed during this time.
• Cookeville Electric, Davis H. Elliot, LLC, Gallatin Department of Electricity.
• Huntsville Utilities, Lenoir City Utility Board, Murfreesboro Electric Department.
• Middle Tennesse EMC, Nashville Electric Service, Tullahoma Utility Authority.
• Davis H. Elliot, LLC, Owens Telecom Services, Star Construction, LLC.
• Wright Tree Service
• Bojangles, Burger King, Casablanca, Chick Fil-A.
• Comfort Suites, Country Inn & Suites, GuestHouse, Sleep Inn.
• Fixx Rite LLC, Gingham Café, , IHOP, Krispy Kreme, Little Caesar’s
• Michael’s Pizza, Mission BBQ, Moe’s Southwest Grill, O’Charley’s.
• Panera Bread, Papa John’s, Ruby Tuesday’s, Shoney’s, Smooves Grill, Subway.
• The Children’s Dentist, Clarksville Soccer Club.
And to all others who gave, THANK YOU!
About CDE Lightband: CDE Lightband offers electric, television, Internet and phone service to customers in the city limits of Clarksville. CDE Lightband is the municipal power provider and serves more than 70,000 metered homes and businesses with electric service and more than 22,000 customers with broadband services.