CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. – Mayor Joe Pitts will present his 2020 financial plan for the City of Clarksville at 11 a.m Thursday, May 23 in the City Council Chambers, 106 Public Square.
In presenting his first budget since taking office in January, Mayor Pitts will outline his financial priorities for the City, and offer specifics on plans for public safety improvements, better roads and improved family recreation facilities. Along with his broader agenda, the Mayor will discuss:
- Support for the Clarksville Police Department with more manpower and equipment, and plans to purchase equipment for Clarksville Fire Rescue.
- Work on several major road projects, including Whitfield Road, Rossview Road and the Northeast Connector.
- Plans to improve existing parks and recreation assets and acquire a site for a new community recreation center in northeast Clarksville.
Citizens and the media are invited to attend this important address about Clarksville’s future. The speech may be viewed live on the City’s website at www.cityofclarksville.com, and live on CDE Lightband Channel 3. A video recording of the presentation will be available for on-demand viewing on the website within 24 hours, and it will be replayed on Lightband Channel 3.
Proposed departmental budgets have been presented during a series of City Council Committee meetings. After the mayor’s presentation Thursday, City Council will consider the 2020 budget at special meetings during the next several weeks. Passage of the new budget is scheduled for June 20, and the City’s 2020 Fiscal Year begins on July 1, 2019.
Here are remaining key dates in the Fiscal Year 2020 budget process:
- Council Work Session, 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 29.
- Council Work Session, 4:30 p.m., Thursday, June 6.
- Council Work Session (if needed), 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 12.
- Special Session, Public Hearing and First Reading, 4:30 p.m., Thursday, June, 13.
- Special Session, Second Reading and Final Vote, 4:30 p.m. Thursday, June 20.
All meetings are open to the public. Any changes to the schedule will be noted on the City’s online calendar at www.cityofclarksville.com.