- Parks & Recreation
- Parks & Trails
- Clarksville Greenway
Whether you are wanting to get active or take a scenic walk through nature, the Clarksville Greenway offers a wonderful experience for citizens and visitors with views of the river and beautiful forestry. Bike, skate, run or walk the trail, and maybe bring a friend or pet too! Restrooms are available on-site as well as benches and resting areas.
Access points are located at Heritage Park, Pollard Road, and Marys Oak Drive Park only in designated areas. The trailhead with the most parking is at Heritage Park on Peachers Mill Road.
Rails to Trails Initiative
The Clarksville Greenway is a part of the Rails to Trails initiative that transforms scenic abandoned railroad rights of way and river corridors into walking and biking trails. It has garnered statewide recognition for environmental stewardship as well as popularity among citizens. This approximately 9-mile walking and biking trail is situated in north Clarksville along the banks of the Red River and West Fork Creek.
It preserves a natural space for alternative transportation from the downtown area to the North side of town. Native species of plants and animals can be viewed throughout the corridor. The community also benefits from these natural areas as they provide clean air and water, flood storage and protection, reduce erosion as well as offer educational resources. One of the unique features of the trail is the Raymond C. Hand Pass, a 600-foot pedestrian bridge.
Clarksville BCycle is one way to navigate the trail. It’s an automated bike sharing system designed for use by many people for short trips around town or for recreational riding. The BCycle station on the Clarksville Greenway is located at the Pollard Road Trailhead. For more information, please visit Clarksville BCycle website.
Protect the Trail
Please Follow these Rules:
- Do not park on roadways or block private residences.
- Do not remove plants or feed/disturb wildlife.
- Keep pets on leashes and clean up after your pet.
- Keep to the right, pass on the left.
- Park only in designated parking spaces.
- Put trash in receptacles.
- Stay on designated trail.
Safety is our highest priority! View the following pointers to make sure you stay safe:
- Bicyclists and skaters must adhere to warning signage, yield to pedestrians, and give an audible signal when passing.
- Exit immediately during heavy rain.
- Leave valuables at home and take your car keys with you.
- Please be careful on the large hills south of the Pollard Road trailhead. We encourage all bicyclists to dismount on these large hills.
- Motorized Vehicles