New Hire Information
Welcome to the City of Clarksville! Upon your first day of employment, you will be required to attend orientation conducted by staff members of the Human Resources department.
During that time, you will be provided with an overview of the following:
- Appropriate workplace conduct
- City Code
- The City’s learning management system
- Workplace safety
Pick Up Your Packet
In order to make your transition as smooth as possible, you must report to Human Resources to pick up a New Hire Packet. The documents in the New Hire Packet must be completed and returned to the Human Resources department within 3 business days of receiving a job offer. If you are unable to report to Human Resources, you may print and complete the New Hire Packet (a link to the documents is listed below) and hand deliver, or fax it to Human Resources within 3 business days of receiving a job offer. The fax number is 931-648-2341.
What’s in the Packet
When you return your New Hire Packet, you must bring a blank check or your bank account and routing number for payroll processing. The New Hire Packet (PDF) consists of the following documents:
- Authorization to Make Deductions from Wages Form
- Benefits Summary for Full-Time Employees (For review only. You will not need to fill anything out until orientation.)
- Direct Deposit of Payroll Form
- Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification: You must obtain the necessary items from Lists A, B, and/or C, and bring them with you when you complete your New Hire paperwork. If you are faxing in your paperwork, you must bring the necessary items to orientation.
- Form W4
- Personal Data Sheet
What to Bring On the First Day
If you have not already completed your I-9, please have the following items with you on your first day:
One item from list A of the list of acceptable documents (PDF) for the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification or one item from list B and one item from list C.
Should you arrive at orientation without the necessary items from the List of Acceptable Documents, and/or you have not submitted your banking information you will be required to obtain those items prior to completing orientation and beginning employment.
If you have any questions regarding the New Hire Packet, or what you need to have on your first day, please contact the Human Resources department at 931-645-7451.
Learning Management System-CODI
City of Clarksville employees can utilize the Learning Portal.