The City of Clarksville is committed to conducting its affairs with high ethical standards and in compliance with the law.
The City provides two methods for its employees and citizens to report their concerns regarding violations of City policy, theft, fraud related incidents, safety issues and other legal issues:
the Fraud and Audit HOTLINE and ONLINE reporting form. Individuals using these reporting vehicles may choose to remain anonymous. Caller ID has been disabled for the Fraud and Audit HOTLINE. The return email address on the ONLINE reporting form can be hidden.
CALL the Fraud and Audit HOTLINE at
City employees may choose to remain anonymous. Caller ID has been disabled for the Fraud and Audit HOTLINE.
Administration of the Fraud and Audit HOTLINE
Fraud and Audit FAQs
- Calls to the Fraud and Audit HOTLINE are handled through voice recorded instructions followed by 3 minutes of recording time for callers to report their concerns.
- All HOTLINE and ONLINE reports are managed by the Internal Audit office of the City of Clarksville and will be investigated by that department. Depending on the nature of the issue, the report may be referred to another City Department.
- If requested, Internal Audit or the appropriate Department will follow-up with the employee or citizen who made the complaint, to ensure the matter has been reviewed. In that case, the employee or citizen must provide contact information.
- Why did the City of Clarksville create the Fraud and Audit HOTLINE and the ONLINE reporting form?
The City of Clarksville has a responsibility to conduct its affairs ethically and in compliance with the law. In order to ensure that it maintains and improves the quality and integrity of its services, the City is providing employees and the public with various methods to report their concerns.
- How do I state my concerns?
There are two ways:
- Call the Fraud and Audit HOTLINE at (931)648-6166 . Listen to instructions and leave a voice message.
- Complete and submit the online reporting form.
- What information should I include?
In order for a thorough investigation to be completed, the following information should be included, if applicable:
- Date and Time Incident Occurred
- Suspected Person(s) Involved
- Description of Complaint (What, where, when, how and who else may be aware of the incident)
- Your Full Name, Phone Number or Email Address (if you wish to remain anonymous, please see Frequently Asked Question titled "Can I submit an anonymous complaint?")
Additionally, you should state the facts with as much specific information as possible so that your complaint can be investigated. You should not speculate or draw conclusions.
- What happens after I state my concern?
The Internal Audit office will address concerns received via HOTLINE and the ONLINE reporting form. The office will gather sufficient information to determine the appropriate action needed. Depending on the nature of the issue, the report may be referred to another City Department.
If requested, Internal Audit or the appropriate Department will follow-up with the employee or citizen who made the complaint, to ensure the matter has been reviewed.
- Will I hear back from the City regarding my concern?
If requested, the City’s Internal Audit office or the appropriate Department will follow-up with the citizen or employee who made the concern to ensure that the matter has been reviewed. However, any action taken against an employee as a consequence of the findings of the investigation may be personal and confidential, in which case, the follow up action cannot be disclosed.
- Can I submit it anonymously?
Please contact the Fraud and Audit HOTLINE at (951) 648-6166. Caller ID has been disabled for the Fraud and Audit HOTLINE. However, we ask that anonymous callers contact the City’s Internal Audit office within a couple of weeks, so that any follow-up questions may be asked. Alternatively, the caller can set up an anonymous email address so that Internal Audit is able to contact them at any time. If no future way of contact is established, the City will not be able to contact the person making the report to request additional information or to follow-up when the investigation is complete.
Likewise, if you decide to remain anonymous and use the online form, leave off your personal information. The sent email address has been disabled and we will not be able to know who sent the email - if left blank.
- What if I am retaliated against for stating my concern?
Tennessee State law prohibits any retaliation against whistleblowers. If an employee feels that they are the subject of retaliation for reporting wrongdoing they should contact the City Human Resources Department.
- What types of concerns should be made?
Any concern regarding the improper conduct of City business including illegal, wasteful or fraudulent activity should be reported.
- Will it be kept confidential if I identify myself?
Requests for confidentiality by participants will be honored to the extent permitted by law.. Sometimes the circumstances being reported cause others to speculate on who the informant is. Release of your identity may be required pursuant to a subpoena or in other circumstances where the City is required by law to release information. In addition, you should also be aware that your public testimony might be needed to prove the case against the accused.