Payroll Information
  • When will I receive my first paycheck?
The City of Clarksville pays on a semi-monthly basis and does not “hold back” any wages at the start of the employee’s employment. Therefore, employees typically receive their first paycheck on the next pay period following the start of their employment.
  • What is deducted from my wages?
All required deductions, such as Federal taxes, any authorized voluntary deductions, such health co-pays, and retirement savings plan contributions, will be withheld automatically from your paychecks.
  • Do I have to have my check direct deposited?
Yes. All new employees are required to set up direct deposit at any financial institution of their choice that receives and participates in an EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) program.
  • Will my first paycheck be direct deposit?
No, your first check will be a live check and you will need to deposit it into your account. In order to ensure that we have your correct information, we will run a pre-note.
  • If I use direct deposit, how will I know how much my check is?
You will receive a deposit advice (pay stub) detailing your paycheck.
  • Where do I receive my direct deposit advices?
Direct deposit advices are picked up by your department and are generally distributed by a designated individual in your department. You may also elect to recieve your direct deposit advice electronically. Check with your department for specifics.
  • I did not receive my first check on the date I had expected, what should I do?
There may be several different explanations. You should contact your payroll office as follows:
 City General  Sharon Seay   (931) 648-6125 x6148
 Gas & Water  Meagan Hinton  (931) 645-2565 x1102
 Transit  Lisa Downing  (931) 553-2430
  • When will I receive my final paycheck?
You should receive your final paycheck on the next pay period following your last day of employment. If you are due a vacation payout check, you should receive that check on the pay period that precedes your last regular paycheck. The final paycheck and vacation payout check will be a “live” check.
  • What must I do to change my W-4 withholding?
Just stop by your payroll office at any time and complete a new W-4.
  • What do I need to do if I want to change the account my paycheck is being deposited to?
Stop by your payroll office and complete the designated forms to make the change in your account.

The City of Clarksville is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Last updated: 5/21/2015 11:32:05 AM