The goal of the Clarksville Parks + Recreation Internship Program is to provide an intern with the opportunity to apply information and skills obtained in the classroom to real-life working situations. The internship also offers the opportunity to gain experience in planning, organizing, leading and evaluating various recreational programs. Furthermore, it provides the intern with a constructive review and evaluation of their skills and competencies; thus, allowing realistic direction to further professional development.
Job descriptions for each intern will be tailored to their interests. Recreation internships are available throughout the year.
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates shall have taken university course work related to the internship opportunity.
- Eligible candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Each eligible candidate shall complete a Clarksville Parks + Recreation internship application.
- Each eligible candidate shall include a current transcript of university course work. A minimum overall GPA of 2.8 is required.
Download and complete the internship application
. Applications shall be submitted according to the timeline below, in order to allow sufficient time for the hiring process. If a deadline has passed, there are no guarantees that an internship opportunity can be fulfilled.
- Summer Internship - Application preferred by May 1 but not required
- Fall Internship - Application preferred by July 1 but not required
- Winter Internship - Application preferred by November 1 but not required
For questions, please call 931-645-7476.