Located at City Hall in the Collections Department.
One Public Square
Clarksville Tn 37040
The Mission of the Clarksville Parking Authority is to provide, maintain and operate adequate, high-quality, customer-focused public parking and encourage economic growth for the benefit of the residents, businesses and visitors of Clarksville.
Responsible for the operation and management of city-owned on and off-street parking facilities. Meter maintenance, construction parking permits, hang-tag applications.
FY2013 Stakeholder Meeting Documents (May 1st & 2nd 2013)
FY2013 Stakeholder Meeting Minutes (June 2012)
• Continued investigation of our free parking initiative
FY 2013 Accomplishments
• Installation and monitoring of recently purchased bike racks to determine functionality and frequency of use
• Determine a new approach to parking at the Regional Planning Commission, while completing renovations
• Cooperate with the Street Department as they repair downtown sidewalks, restriping as necessary
• Installation of meters on Public Square, supporting the reverse-diagonal spaces
• Maintain and expand upon landscaping program
• Cooperate with the Street Department to design and install “wayfinding” signage, directing traffic to off-street parking locations
• Explore and consider findings of the charrette conducted by UT
• Continued examination of additional structured parking
Upcoming Rate Changes:
On-Street removal of 109 meters, or 33% of total inventory
Off-Street removal of 44 meters, 20% of total inventory
Rate increased to $1/Hr. 2 Hour max, on 42 meters, or 19% of total
Rate decreased to $.50/Hr. interval increased to 8 Hour max on 74 meters, or 33.5% of total
Remaining 105 on street meters will continue at $.75/Hr. amended to 3 Hour max
Mackay Parking Kiosk
Currently installed at the Cumberland Plaza Garage
Located at 2nd and Commerce St.
- Meter Accepts: U.S. 5, 10, 25 cents $1 coins and $1 Bills also accepts Visa & Mastercard.
- Note: Exact Payment Only & No Change Given!
- Minimum purchase with credit card is 1 hour.
Hours of Enforcement:
8 am to 5 pm Monday thru Friday.
Rate: $1.00 per hour - Maximum $6 per day.
Pay Station Instructions:
- Press "A" Button for the English or "B" Button for Spanish
- Enter space number of vehicle location
- Follow instructions on screen
- insert valid coins / cards / Bills to desired time limit.
- Select for receipt
- Select at any time to cancel
Forms and PDFs
Parking Authority Regulations
Desman Parking Study 2009
Downtown Parking and Street Network Study 2010
Reserved Parking Application
Vehicle Immobilization Policy
Voiding Request Form PDF
CMAP Parking Strategies
2013 Leadership Clarksville Parking Project
Parking Authority Board Members
Ted Crozier, Jr. – Vice-ChairmanCharsie Lankford – MemberCouncilman Wallace Redd – MemberMitch Robinson – Chairman Linda Shephard – Secretary
Ted Crozier, Jr. – Vice-Chairman
Charsie Lankford – Member
Councilman Wallace Redd – Member
Mitch Robinson – Chairman
Linda Shephard – Secretary