McGregor Park Courtesy Boat Dock
640 N. Riverside Drive
McGregor Park features a 280 Foot Courtesy Boat Dock
Boaters no longer have to take a risk leaving their boat unsecured along the riverbank at McGregor Park. A 280-foot courtesy dock was constructed at the park for pleasure boats to dock temporarily while enjoying the sites of downtown Clarksville or just while loading and unloading their boats.
The courtesy dock is a result of a long-range vision the Clarksville River District Commission has for Clarksville’s waterfront along Riverside Drive. Funded in part by a grant from the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency and in part by matching city funds, the boat dock provides a safe place to dock for residents and visitors seven days a week.
Overnight and short-term docking is available by reservation only. There are three 50 Amp electric plugs and one 30 Amp electric plug available for use. Water and fuel are not available. Those amenities are things the RDC hopes to see available in the future less than a mile upstream at a proposed marina at Fairgrounds Park. Anyone wishing to make a reservation, for overnight or short-term docking should call, (931) 645-7476 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Security is not provided at the dock, so boat owners are discouraged from leaving their valuables unsecured while docked. In case of an emergency, users can contact the Park Rangers or the Clarksville Police Department by calling 911 or calling 552-1011 for non-emergencies.
Boat Dock Rules-McGregor Courtesy Dock
Caution: Users assume the risk of injury in the use of this deck. Please observe and follow dock rules and policies.
• No fishing, swimming, sunbathing, picnicking on dock. This is not a play area.
• Dock is for loading and unloading only.
• Alcohol and drugs are prohibited on dock and park property as well.
• McGregor Park closes at Midnight. Trice Landing and Liberty Parks close at dusk. Boat launches open 24/7, but parked vehicles must have boat trailers attached to them after closing.
Grills in the Park Policy
• Grills are not permitted within 50' of a children's play area.
• Grills are not permitted under pavilions
• Grills are not permitted within a sports complex (Inside the fields/fenced areas) and the parking lots of sports complexes.